84 Lumber is internet hosting the recruitment occasion within the Pittsburgh space and striving to fill state rapid openings in retail shops and manufacturing amenities
Eighty-four, pa., April 20, 2021 / PRNewswire / – 84 Lumber, the largest privately owned building materials supplier in the country, is launching a recruiting effort to fill immediate vacancies at its retail and manufacturing locations in the metropolitan area Pittsburgh Area. The company will hold a recruitment event on April 27 at the Hampton Inn in Bridgeville, PA (150 Old Pond Road, Bridgeville, PA), just minutes from 84 Lumber’s Bridgeville Business. At the event, job seekers will learn more about the corporate culture and have the opportunity to be interviewed for up to 30 vacancies in the field, including Manager Trainee (MT). Lumber yard, warehouse and production workers; Driver; Office / operations manager; and Field Operations Manager.
“84 wood is a Pittsburgh-based company with deep roots in the region. We have 17 stores and a manufacturing facility within 50 miles of Pittsburghand we employ nearly 800 people in the region, “said Phil Garuccio, Divisional Vice President at 84 Lumber. “We are growing with the growth of the construction industry – here in our home region Pittsburgh and across the country. We are looking for people who are looking for a fresh start. “
Garuccio went on to detail the openings in the region:
- Manager trainees (MTs) The employees hired by 84 Lumber take part in an intensive one-on-one training program that informs them about the company’s business and puts them on the path to becoming leaders in the company in the future. The initial pay for manager trainees is more than $ 40,000 per year.
- Lumber yard, warehouse, and production workers do not require any prior knowledge and perform essential functions behind the scenes – from managing deliveries to operating the devices. Production employees work in the manufacturing processes for wood-based materials, trusses and components. These employees can expect a starting salary in between $ 12 and $ 17 per hour based on experience.
- driver Load trucks and deliver materials to customer construction sites. The hourly wage for the job is between $ 12 and $ 17 per hour depending on experience.
- Positions as office / operations manager Can serve as a stepping stone to the various departments at 84 Lumber’s headquarters including pricing, inventory, human resources and purchasing. The start compensation is approximately $ 38,000 to $ 40,000 annually depending on experience.
- Field Operations Manager are part of the company’s field service team that supports the branches. These people support operational projects at different locations. Entry fee is $ 45,000 to $ 50,000 depending on experience.
“We’re a family business, which means we help our employees build and maintain careers with us. In fact, 95% of our store managers have started our manager trainee program,” said Garuccio. “In our view, 84 Lumber recruits people with a can-do attitude, a willingness to work hard and a desire to learn. Once we find these people and they join the company, we educate, train and find ways to help them they grow with us. “
Garuccio added that 84 Lumber expects it to find the right fit from all types of candidates – someone with no construction experience, military veterans ready to face their next professional challenge, or someone with previous work experience trying to make theirs Realign your career.
Candidates interested in attending the recruitment event are asked to register in advance. To register, go to http://www.84americandream.com/pittsburgh and fill out the form. As soon as you are registered, you will receive an email from 84 Lumber with the link to apply for the desired position. To save time, applicants are strongly encouraged to apply for jobs online before attending the event.
NOTE: With 84 Lumber, all attendees must wear a mask at the event. The recruits are also asked to practice social distancing during the hiring event. In addition, applicants must undergo a background check and drug screening prior to receiving a job offer.
To learn more about 84 Lumber, follow the company on Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn.
OVER 84 LUMBER
Founded in 1956 and headquartered in Eighty-four, Pennsylvania, 84 Lumber Company is the nation’s largest privately held supplier of building materials, manufactured components, and industry-leading services to single, multi-family and commercial buildings. The company operates nearly 250 stores, component manufacturing facilities, custom door workshops, custom mills, and wood-based products workshops in more than 30 states. 84 Lumber also offers turnkey installation services for a wide variety of products including frames, insulation, siding, windows, roofs, patios and drywall. 84 Lumber, a certified national women company owned by Maggie Hardy Knox, was named One of America’s Largest Private Companies by Forbes in 2018 and one of America’s Best Great Employers in 2019. For more information, see 84lumber.com or take part Facebook.com/84lumber and linkedin.com/company/84-lumber.
View original content to download multimedia: http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/84-lumber-to-host-hiring-event-in-pittsburgh-region-seeks-to-fill-immediate-openings -in -Retail-Stores-Manufacturing-301273050.html
SOURCE 84 Lumber