Fellowship: Sewickley Presbyterian Christmas Basket Meals Drive, St. Stephen’s Thanksgiving Eve, and extra
Beth Samuel Jewish Center
Upcoming programs at the Beth Samuel Jewish Center include:
• Torah yoga and meditation class on Zoom, 8:45 am on November 20th
If necessary, email BethSamuelOffice@comcast.net for more information or Zoom login links.
Methodist Church of Coraopolis
Coraopolis United Methodist Church will have its ninth annual Thanksgiving Day dinner on November 25th at 2:00 pm. This year’s dinner will again be a Grab-n-Go format in the church at 1205 Ridge Ave. be in Coraopolis.
The menu includes turkey, homemade mashed potatoes and sauce, filling, sweet potatoes, green beans, cranberries, and dessert.
Dinner is free and everyone in the West Hills community is welcome. The Church is proud to partner with Coraopolis Community Development on this year’s event.
To reserve your meal by November 17 5:00 p.m. or to learn more about volunteering, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 412-264-3727.
Sewickley Presbyterian Church
• Services are 8:30 am and 11:00 am. There is a discipleship at 9.45am for all ages.
• The sung word returns to the service for the first time since November 2019. On this special day, instead of preaching from the pulpit, we hear the word sung. Soloists and the Chancel Choir, along with members of the Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra and organist Regina Kettering, will perform works by Franz Schubert, Antonio Vivaldi and William Boyce on November 21 at 11 a.m.
• Christmas Basket Food Drive, through November 30th. Monetary donations are accepted with the aim of filling 100 baskets of food to be delivered to the community for them to enjoy Christmas dinner. Visit sewickleypresby.org for full details. Grocery baskets are filled by Saffron’s grocery store.
• Donations for the Christmas stocking project will be accepted from Nov. 22nd to Dec. 5 in the church office.
St. Stephen’s Anglican Church
• The Shrine will host a Thanksgiving service on November 24 at 7:00 pm. Everyone is welcome, there is childcare available. The church is located at 405 Frederick Avenue in Sewickley.
• Christy House Lunch & Tea Room is open to the public and has been a Friday tradition since 1976. Guests are invited to visit Christy House (circa 1862) on the corner of Frederick and from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. to have lunch at Walnut Streets in Sewickley. Christy House has two unique stores, the Needles Eye (new) and Earthly Treasures (gently used), which sell special gift items and collectibles. Online reservations for lunch must be made by 9:00 a.m. on Thursday. If you are making a Friday reservation, please call Christy House at 412-741-5960.
Recommended lunch donation is $ 15 for adults and $ 5 for children. The entire proceeds will go to various services and missions, especially those who work for the interests of women and children.