Lions Membership makes donation to pantry | Life

Courtesy of the Washington Lions Club

Hans Papenbrock of the Washington Lions Club presented the Washington Community Circle Food Pantry with a check for US $ 1,500. He presented the check to Brenda Davis, president of the pantry; and Melanie Wolfe, director of the pantry. The pantry moves about 10,000 to 11,000 pounds of groceries each month and supplies 700 families and some needy people in Washington and nearby communities. The food is delivered to the pantry by the Pittsburgh Food Bank through the Washington County Food Bank. About 70% of the food we need comes from Pittsburgh. The other 30% is provided through donations from churches, private companies, and individuals.

Comments are closed.