BTSC continues their recap of the past week’s events for our readers. But where they went wrong was asking the one narcissistic writer that would put a bizarre spin on it to do it. So let’s all take a look at a BAD week in the Burgh together.
- In a related story, I have just been offered the Senior Editor and Podcast Producer position at Bishop Sycamore. But seriously, if ESPN wants to broadcast High School…the Richland Rams of Johnstown, PA is a fantastic scholastic football program.
This is an insane story.
“Bishop Sycamore” football played Sto-Rox Friday, then played IMG Academy Sunday on ESPN.
Except that Bishop Sycamore may not be a real school, and allegedly lied about the caliber of its players. #WPIALhttps://t.co/vMapIYy7RI
— Josh Rowntree (@JRown32) August 30, 2021
- And my starter wife expected prophylaxis to work when I was out of town on business. Tuitt was placed on IR later on in the week.
Tyson Alualu says he expects Tuitt to be ready for Week 1
— Chris Adamski (@C_AdamskiTrib) August 30, 2021
- Is it me or is the Steelers’ offensive line starting to have more question marks than the Riddler’s sport jacket? That Frank Gorshin knew fashion.
Chuks Okorafor took snaps at right tackle today with Dan Moore moving back to the left. Mike Tomlin said it was a chance to show versatility and didn’t say whether that would be the alignment for Buffalo.
— Joe Rutter (@tribjoerutter) August 30, 2021
- JuJu is getting lambasted for risking his 2021 season by performing something called the milk crate challenge. Please, I risk my life daily doing the milk shake challenge.
It’s insane to me that, on a day when the Steelers create authentic drama (a very real, very spirited scrap involving a pile of players at practice), most of what I’m hearing is about manufactured, contrived drama (JuJu’s TikTok).
Is it still OK to talk football in Pittsburgh?
— Dejan Kovacevic (@Dejan_Kovacevic) August 30, 2021
- The first rule about Steelers Fight Club, Ray, don’t talk about Steelers Fight Club. The second rule about Steelers Fight Club, don’t…Oh screw it!!! Did Minkah really jack up Claypool?
Players confirmed Minkah Fitzpatrick and Chase Claypool got into a fight near the end of practice.
— Ray Fittipaldo (@rayfitt1) August 30, 2021
- I drove past BTSC Senior Editor Jeff Hartman’s house, I can’t confirm nor deny reports that sounds of champagne corks popping and Kool and the Gang’s “Celebration” were eminating from the house. There were also Arby’s Beef ‘N Cheddar wrappers strewn on the lawn, but that was me. But remember, Berry always seems to (like the Jefferson Starship song) seems to find his way back.
Source: #Steelers are releasing punter Jordan Berry after six seasons with the team. Rookie Pressley Harvin III won the job.
— Ari Meirov (@MySportsUpdate) August 30, 2021
- The Patriots are cutting Cam Newton and the Raiders are doing the same with Karl Joseph. Cue the calls to sign both.
- I’d like to highlight a brilliant quote by Editor Dave Schofield, “Wow. Did anybody see this coming (I wish we had sarcasm font)…?”. Great scoop, Rapoport. Maybe if I try hard enough this (okay, I better not call him names, so…) guy will block me from Twitter like he did Hartman. Wait a second, hardly anyone follows me on Twitter.
#Steelers QB Dwayne Haskins, the former WFT first-rounder, is expected to make the initial roster in Pittsburgh, sources say. A cool story, as Haskins worked his way back and has earned it.
— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) August 31, 2021
- I agree. This would be perfect. Get busy, Kevin Colbert. Please.
I wouldn’t be surprised to see the Steelers kick the tires on Jimmy Moreland, who was released by Washington. A slot CB with more than 800 snaps played in the slot the past two seasons. #Steelers #dkps
— Dale Lolley (@dlolley_pgh) August 31, 2021
- The Steelers got their roster down to the obligatory 53. As you will see, like Crystal Pepsi, nothing is permanent. How awesome was Crystal Pepsi?
Steelers cut Jaylen Samuels, Trey Edmunds, Cody White, Rico Bussey, BJ Finney, Rashaad Coward, Chaz Green, John Leglue, Kevin Rader, Cassius Marsh, Quincy Roche, Jamar Watson, Mark Gilbert, Arthur Maulet and Donovan Stiner.
Jamir Jones, JC Hassenauer, SIX ILBs all make it.
— Brian Batko (@BrianBatko) August 31, 2021
- The ice cream truck was out of Hello Kitty Ice Cream Popsicles and I had to settle for the Power Puff Girl treat with gumball eyes. You can question my manliness, but the HK Popsicle is phenomenal.
- Had a weird headcahe and a low-grade fever tonight. Guess I was all amped-up from the cuts and the sherbety treat.
- Had to get tested because of the fever, I’m sure it’s nothing. I think the dude poked my brain. If the Steelers want to add me to their testing statistics, they can.
- Say it ain’t so, Joe.
After approaching the Steelers about an extension to finish his career in Pittsburgh, Pro-Bowl CB Joe Haden has decided to play out his contract and test the free agent market in 2022 when the cap is expected to increase significantly, per his agent @DrewJRosenhaus
— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) September 1, 2021
- Seriously, even I predicted this one. Even I moved on to the next woman that would go out with me after the Starter Mrs. BAD dumped my sorry behind.
- What did I say to you about Crystal Pepsi. Things are getting interesting with the Practice Squad list. Excited for Gilbert. Also, is that Karl Joseph on there?
Steelers added 15 to the practice squad:
WRs Rico Bussey, Cody White, Steven Sims
RBs Trey Edmunds, Jaylen Samuels
OL Chaz Green, John Leglue, Malcolm Pridgeon
LB Derrek Tuszka, Christian Miller
TE Kevin Rader
DE Daniel Archibong
DBs Mark Gilbert, Donovan Stiner, Karl Joseph
— Brooke Pryor (@bepryor) September 1, 2021
- The Stat Geek predicted this…Zach Banner, Stephon Tuitt and Anthony McFarland were placed on the IR.
- Cue up the aforementioned No. 1 song from February 7, 1981…Gotta love Kool and the Gang. Ironically it was three years to the day that the Vikings signed Matt Wile who the Steelers cut in favor of Berry. I hope it’s 20 years before Minnesota inks Pressley Harvin III to a deal.
Vikings are expected to sign former Steelers’ punter Jordan Berry, per sources. They cannot officially make the move until later this afternoon.
— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) September 2, 2021
- Looks like I’ve got the next 10 days free. I don’t get it, I wasn’t hanging out with the Tennessee Titans.
- This is interesting. Doesn’t solve the nickelback problem. But they know more than I do see. Even the Steelers front office hates the band Nickleback so they don’t want one on their team.
- Is he gonna pass the physical in La La Land? I wish the kid luck.
- Learning about the loss of Tunch Ilkin on this day. Great Steeler, but even more an amazing human being. Not much more to say.
This was the significant week that was for the Steelers, mixed-in with my black-and-gold loving life. I’m sure next week will be full of Steelers happenings as well, so we’ll have to do this again. Have a great week, but better yet have a BAD one.