Bethel Park Public Access TV received three out of seven nominations in October at the fifth annual Greater Pittsburgh Community Media Awards, hosted by Pittsburgh Community Television and Andrew Stockey of WTAE-TV.
The event was a celebration of community media producers from PCTV, Bethel Park Public Access, Moon Community Access, City Channel Pittsburgh and Monroeville Municipal Television. It was broadcast virtually and simultaneously on television, the web and on Apple TV, ROKU and Fire TV.
“I’m really proud of all of our Greater Pittsburgh Community Media Awards nominees,” said BPTV Director Dave Cable. “Our producers work very hard to find compelling, rewarding content to share with Bethel Park residents, and it’s nice to see some of them being recognized for their efforts.”
The winners from BPTV were:
• Amy Taylor, Community, Healthy, Fit & Strong Bee Rescue at Honey Rose Ranch
• Jack Allen, series, “Jack of all trades”
• Andy Amrhein, Arts and Entertainment, for his episode “Around Town” with works by the artist Johno Prascak
BPTV nominees were:
• Diane Ford, Public Affairs, “Deep Roots”
• Amy Taylor, Faith & Spiritual, Healthy, Fit & Strong interview with Max Shrager
• Al Levine, Sports, Health and Lifestyle, special edition of “Pittsburgh Sportsline,” highlighting Bethel Park High School’s baseball and softball championships
• Government Content – Bethel Park Memorial Day Ceremony
BPTV also paid tribute to production volunteer Anthony Veltri for his dedication to the station over the past year.
“Anthony is an integral part of our volunteer workforce and has recognized his commitment to helping residents with programs and producing his own Bethel Park Gamer series,” said Cable. “We are very excited to recognize one of us for all of his hard work behind the scenes.”