By: KDKA-TV Senior Web Producer Heather Lang
PITTSBURGH (KDKA) – The doorbuster offers, toy catalogs and vacation savings offers are here. Let the Christmas shopping begin!
Black Friday shoppers mean business, and so should they. Here is a list of local malls, malls, and stores and how to plan the biggest shopping day of the year.
SHOPPING / OUTLETS:
Many stores started early with Black Friday deals. Here is a list of stores, offers, and COVID-19 safety protocols to get you through the biggest shopping days of the year:
Bed bath in addition:
Dick’s sporting goods:
The home depot:
Websites with Black Friday Ads:
These are just a few websites that claim to have a look at Black Friday specials at dozens of stores. Please note that you are leaving the KDKA website and that we have not verified the accuracy of these advertisements.
Cyber Monday tips:
These tips and tricks are provided by MyBankTracker.com:
1. Avoid making Cyber Monday the holy grail for online shopping – Many retailers are currently running deals due to the pandemic and are posting their Black Friday deals throughout the season.
2. Avoid being unprepared or late for the party – do the homework; There are few rules for online shopping this year. So check out the newsletters and download reputable apps. Many retailers only offer secret offers for app users.
3. Don’t be shy – Many retailers are priced the same so have the comparison ready and call the retailer’s customer service number or use the online chat feature to inquire.
4. Avoid gimmicks – Don’t fall under the spell of slippery websites, most of which have never heard of, and check out the online reviews or the Better Business Bureau for online complaints.
5. Stick to the list – Make a list and double-check it. It will serve as your armor against unnecessary purchases while maintaining the best budget for your lifestyle.
6. Avoid buying without a budget – don’t exhaust your credit card because that bill comes before you know and the interest rate could quickly wipe out any savings on Cyber Monday.
7.Shop with free shipping or buy from the same store – This year, many will celebrate the holidays virtually, so take shipping into account. Consider buying all of the gifts for the grandchildren from a retailer to take advantage of free shipping – it can end up saving you more money than buying it cheaper from a place that doesn’t include shipping.
8.Wait to buy toys – Cyber Monday is geared towards electronics and clothing; Most Christmas toys sell more about two weeks before the holidays.
9. Use online cashback shopping portals – There’s no point shopping online without using a cashback site when there are as many to choose from as Rakuten. Just go through these secure portals to make the purchases and buyers can make money back.
10. Check the return and exchange policy – Some items may not be returnable, wiping out any savings and other items have a limited time to return.
Click here for more online safety tips and information from the Better Business Bureau. To report an online scam to them, visit this link.
Comments are closed.