The American College of Lifestyle Medicine (ACLM) has honored 11 members with its prestigious Fellowship designation for excellence in lifestyle medicine and exceptional commitment to advancing the organization’s mission. Dr. Jeni Shull Clayton of Riverview Health.
The 2021 Fellows were announced on November 5 at LM 2021, ACML’s annual conference attended by more than 2,300 physicians, healthcare professionals, interns, healthcare leaders, researchers and leaders in lifestyle medicine, and supporting organizations participated. Politicians, citizens and representatives of the press. These 11 join 43 others who have received this designation.
“I am very excited to congratulate the 2021 Fellows Class, who have demonstrated the highest standard of professional development and contribution to the rapidly growing field of lifestyle medicine,” said ACLM President Cate Collings, MD, MS, FACC, DipABLM . “This year’s award winners have shown themselves to be real leaders in pursuing our shared mission to advance evidence-based lifestyle medicine for the treatment, reversal, and prevention of chronic noncommunicable diseases.”
The 2021 class includes:
- Jeni Shull Clayton, MD, MPH, DipABLM, Riverview Health, Noblesville
- David Donohue, MD, MS, FACP, Delaware Health, Wilmington, Del.
- Susan Friedman, MD, MPH, AGSF, DipACLM, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, NY
- Mahima Gulati, MD, MS, FACE, DipABLM, Middlesex Health, Middletown, Conn.
- John Kelly, MD, MPH, LM Specialist, Lifestyle, Health Education Inc, Rocky Mount, Virginia; Loma Linda University, Loma Linda, California.
- Jessica Matthews, DBH, MS, NBC-HWC, DipACLM, Point Loma Nazarene University, San Diego, California.
- John McHugh, MD, FACOG, DipABLM, Huntington and USC Verdugo Hills Hospital, Los Angeles, California.
- Gia Merlo, Dr. Gia Merlo, MD, MBA, DipABLM, New York University (NYU)
- Ifeoma Monye, MD, FRCGP, DipIBLM / BSLM, DCH, DRCOG, DFFP, National Hospital, Abuja, Nigeria
- Padmaja Patel, MD, DipABLM, Midland Health, Midland, Texas
- Michelle Thompson, DO, AOBFP, ABOIM, DipABLM, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center