PITTSBURGH – After six months of negotiation and negotiation, Point Park University administration and the union that represents its full-time faculty, The Newspaper Guild Local 38061, reached a preliminary agreement.
The new contract has a term of three years and includes the following:
- Salary increases of 3.5%, 3.75% and 4.25% over the next three years
- A new parental leave regulation
- New guidelines on vacation for the Juniteenth and previously unrecognized religious customs
- Increase in funding for faculty development
- Increase in minimum salaries in each rank.
“We’re excited to finally reach an agreement,” said Bob Ross, professor of social justice studies and civic engagement and member of the union’s negotiating team. “This contract reflects the value our faculty members bring to the university and will enable us to continue teaching and advising students, developing creative and academic projects, and serving our community.”
Read more in the Pittsburgh Business Times.
Comments are closed.