PITTSBURGH, PA — Is your community having a fireworks display this Fourth of July? If not, where would be the closest place to see the traditional finale of Independence Day?
Patch is here to help answer those questions so you can have a frantic-free Fourth. Below you’ll find a list of area Independence Day celebrations and fireworks displays:
- Pittsburgh: A family-style picnic with food vendors and patriotic music will occur at Point State Park from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. The full schedule:
6 p.m.–8:30 p.m.: ALCOSAN Family Activities Area
6:30 p.m.: East Wind Symphonic Band
7:15 p.m. : Munhall Community Band
8:00 p.m.: River City Brass
9:35 p.m.: Fireworks
- Big Butler Fair: Fair opens at 9 a.m., carnival begins at 1 p.m. Fireworks at dusk.
- Brentwood: A 4th of July Parade will begin at the Brentwood Park entrance at 1 p.m. When the parade begins, two historic World War II planes will fly over the event.Fireworks will occur at 9:30 p.m. in Brentwood Park.
- Canonsburg: Will host a Fourth of July parade and celebration on July 3. The event begins with the Whiskey Rebellion 5K run at 7:45 a.m. The parade will occur at 10 a.m. There will be activities at Canonsburg’s Town Park from 12 p.m. to 6 p.m., with fireworks at dusk.
- Carnegie Pitcher Party: There will be food trucks, live music, a skate tournament and fireworks. The event begins July 2 at 2 p.m.
- Crafton: Food vendors will be on hand and live music will begin at 7 p.m. in Crafton Park. Fireworks at 9:30 p.m.
- Dormont: A special fireworks display will be held to celebrate the Dormont Pool’s 100th anniversary. The pool is scheduled to be open from 1 p.m. to 6 p.m. The pool lot will close right after to allow for social distancing on the hillside and the parking lot for viewing fireworks. Beginning at 7:30 pm, food will be available for purchase on-site. Fireworks will occur at dusk.
- Monroeville: Fireworks display at 9:30 p.m. at the Monroeville Mall Annex.
- Moon: Festivities begin at 4 p.m. with food vendors, family oriented activities and DJ entertainment. Live music performances and No Bad JuJu. A flag ceremony with the National Anthem will occur at 8 p.m. Fireworks at 10 p.m.
- Mt. Lebanon July Fourth Community Day Celebration: The Delaneys will perform at 7 p.m., with fireworks at 9:30 p.m. The outdoor swim center hours are 12 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Robinson: Robinson’s 4th of July will have a new home this year. will year. The fireworks display will light the sky at Burkett Park on Independence Day beginning at dusk.
- Scott: Fireworks display at 9:30 p.m. in Scott Park.
- Shaler Township Community Day at Kiwanis Park: Event begins at 11 a.m. There will be a DJ at the swimming pool, fire truck rides, an Uptown Rhythm & Brass Band performance, military recognition ceremony and fireworks at dusk.
- Upper St. Clair: A yearly Independence Day fireworks display is held in a partnership between Upper St. Clair and South Fayette. The display can be viewed from Boyce Mayview Park in Upper St. Clair and Fairview Park in South Fayette; fireworks will be launched from Fairview at 9:30 p.m.
Be the first to know what’s happening in your community and region. With a free Patch subscription, you’ll always be up to date on local and state news: https://patch.com/subscribe